Sunday, 10 November 2019

Post 5: Interview Questions in English Reference Guide Construction

Hi Everyone,

Starting tomorrow, I would like that we work together to construct your reference guide of interview questions in English. This will allow you to rate a job applicant's level of understanding and use of the language.

To do this we need to work together to complete a number of stages:

1) Create 2-3 versions of the same question, with different degrees of difficulty to understand. Rating each one for it's level of difficulty.

2) Make a note of what you would be asking if it were in Spanish. To provide a guide and to guarantee that you are asking the question that you think you are asking!

3) Decide on what are the key points to look for in the answer. To be sure that the applicant understands what you have asked and is answering correctly.

4) Give 2-3 example answers for each question, to work as a guide to what is a good or bad answer.

The aim is to have AT LEAST 100 questions for you to use. I have started by giving you 25 general interview questions. 

However, I have left an empty question after each of mine. This is for you to give me more specific questions for your area that we can include also.

Depending on how well (and quickly) we can complete these first questions, I have up to 50 more that we can also include.

So lets all concentrate on making something that can help you both now and in the future!

I will explain in more depth to each group tomorrow and Tuesday. Please could one of you bring your computer, so that we can connect it to the monitor? To make it easy to decide who, we will start with the person in each group who is first in the alphabet.

Thanks as always guys. I'm really looking forward to making this as I think it will be a great resource for all of you to use.

Best regards as always,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment